Wednesday, September 26, 2012

And His Glory Appears Like The Light From The Sun

The past month of my life has not been what I would call "my best days".  I had finally graduated school with my Masters and all that was left was to pass my boards.  I knew God had my future in His hands so of course I was beyond devastation when I found out I did not pass. I had a day to think about it and then I picked myself up and told myself God had a reason for all of this and I just needed to trust Him.

Trust....such a small word, yet one of the hardest things to do.  Over the next few weeks I would definitely begin to understand the meaning of Trust in God.

Shortly after finding out about the test, I went home to be with my family and start preparing and packing for the cruise we were about to go on to celebrate my graduation.  My dad had not been feeling  so well but we were praying that God would heal him and rest and relaxation in the Caribbean would do him some good.  We were wrong.  The day we went to port was an exceptionally bad day for him and so we called it quits and decided it might not be the smartest thing to do to get on a boat and sail across the ocean if you don't feel too well.  We drove all night and made it back home and within three days dad was admitted to the hospital.  Thank God we did not get on that boat!

After many tests they finally discovered what was wrong with my dad and did surgery to fix the problem.  It became clear that he was going to be out of commission for awhile and since my sister had to go back to New Jersey and my mom back to work, I was going to be the one to stay home and take care of him.

God really is great!  At that moment I realized if I had passed my test then I would be having to head to work now too, but instead I got to spend some wonderful time with my dad!  My family has always been a close one but these past two weeks I really got to spend some quality father daughter time and really got to see how wonderful of a man my dad is. God allowed my dad to turn into a daddy again and steal my heart all over again! 

I was walking early one morning and I was watching the sun rise and the song His Glory Appears by Hillsong came on and the lyrics 

"And His glory appears 
Like the light from the sun 
Age to age he shines 
Look to the skies 
Hear the angels cry 
Singing holy is the Lord" 

really touched me.  I finally realized how much God loves me! He has a magnificent plan for each and everyone of His children.  His plan more than often does not match up with mine, but look at the wonderfulness that comes from His plan. Look how He can turn a devastating situation into something so sweet and beautiful. We just have to remember to TRUST that He knows what lies ahead and He knows what is best.




No comments:

Post a Comment