Thursday, August 18, 2011

And when asked what is God showing you....my answer "Wait"

Well this is my first post since I have entered the world of blogging.  After my beautiful and wonderful friend suggested several times that I should blog, I finally agreed to it if she would design my page and come up with a name.  However, I had no idea she would get it done so fast, so it was to my surprise when my sister text me this morning and asked if I had a blog.  Once I finally found my own blog, I looked at the name "living patience" and thought "why would she name it that, I do not feel like that is me at all."  My sister begin asking me if I could think up any other names that I might like, and of course at 10:30 in the morning after I have just been awakened by a text, my brain does not function correctly.

Cheska (my sister) simply asked "what is God showing you?"  I thought about all the things going on in my life and a one word answer came to mind "Wait"

Now I am not the most patient person in the world, but I do believe I have quite a bit of patience.  Being in the occupational therapy field, patience is just a virtue that God has blessed you with or patience is something you are learning very quickly.  But being patient with a person is a totally different ballgame than being patient with God....and lets just say in my ballgame with God I have not hit any home runs yet.

In the present time, waiting is something that I am definitely getting used to.

God is saying 

1. Wait one more year till you are finally done with school.

2. Wait for me to bring opportunities to send you back to Africa, than you searching them out.

3. Wait for me to tell you what cities to search for jobs in.

4. Wait for my timing to place your future husband in your life.

5. Wait for my timing to start a family.


Things are changing all around me and sometimes I feel that my life has been put on hold, but it has not.

I am just waiting and unquestionably living patience.

2 comments:

  1. yaye for your first blog!

    p.s. I'll wait with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first blog is great! I'm glad you are starting!!

    ReplyDelete