Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Control Freak

I am publicly admitting that I am a control freak!  God has definitely been showing me that lately.

Everything that has been happening or not happening in my life right now, I seem to be complaining about or "discussing with God" a lot about how I do not like it or I need this or it should go like this.  I seem to be telling God how I thought my life was going to turn out and then getting mad at Him when it does not turn out that way.

The fact about it is, is that my future is very very unknown at this time.  Everything is up in the air and that unbelievably bothers me, because I cannot control something if I do not know what is going to happen.

How brilliant is God!  If I do not know what is going to happen then I have to give up my controlling obsession and just trust in Him and let Him control what happens.

I have to remember that God knows me better than myself, and He has, is and will always be faithful to the promises He has made.  If I could just let Him control the little things in life and the big things, then yes things definitely might not happen or turn out like I planned, but I know they will be so much greater than anything I could have imagined.  

I just have to give Him complete control!

No comments:

Post a Comment