Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beautiful Hurricane

Within the past week I feel like everything has gone wrong....so wrong that when I tell others about my week, they either laugh (which now looking back it does all seem funny) or say "these things never happen to a normal person....only you."

It all started with my bug shield flying off my car while I was driving down the interstate (sorry car behind me!).  From there it has gone to paint being ripped off of my car by flying bug shield, my brake light going out, the battery to my keyless entry to my car died, my phone touch screen is not working, the smelly fridge was fixed but then the ice maker stopped working, there was no diet coke at the restaurant  today so I order diet Dr. pepper and then the diet Dr. pepper runs out (in which the waitress informs me how odd it is because this never happens), to finally ending my day today with stepping in a puddle to only then find out the hard way that I have a hole in my shoe.  

Nevertheless, I think I am experiencing some spiritual warfare.  

So today as I was driving and thinking about all the things going wrong in my life and I turned on some worship music and heard two songs that were meant for me at that moment.  Phil Wickham's "Your Beautiful" and then Jimmy Needham's "Hurricane".  As I was listening to these songs, I just began to think how beautiful God is, and how beautiful life in general is. God is there always in my life no matter if its going beautifully or not so beautifully. 

 I am sure He laughs at me when I step in puddles to only then find out I have a hole in my shoe, because maybe that was His way of saving me from wearing those shoes when it is raining.  And I know He comforts me when I am at my last straw, and then I just start crying because I dropped my keys or something small like that.  Because what if my "walls need to be torn down" and "destruction is what I need" so that I will turn to Him.  

God knows "far better than I" and even though my world is crazy and it seems like everything keeps going wrong, I have found myself talking to Him more and enjoying the peace He brings into my life, because only He can bring that peace.  

So this crazy, chaotic life of mine is my Beautiful Hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment