Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's the little things.....


There are so many things in my life that are changing and being altered, and they are pretty big and significant things, but all I can seem to focus on are the little things.  Isn't it funny that I should be crying over my sister/one of my best friends moving miles and miles away from me, but instead I am getting upset about having to clean my car out in 100 degree weather and forgetting to wash my car mats off.  I am getting mad because I drop my keys or most commonly I cannot find my keys.  It is those little things that have been trying me lately.  However, its been the little things that have given smiles throughout the days too, like the rain that came today for a few minutes, or the way my dogs get upset when I am leaving, and especially the fact that my freezer was fixed and now does not produce an awful smell.

I find myself complaining about the little things and crying out in frustration to God.  Today though, I would be lying if I said I did not complain about some little things, but today I remembered to thank God for the little things.  Because the fact of the matter is, is that even though everything in my current world seems to be changing and going crazy, God still cares about the little things.  The things that make you smile and the things that make you cry.

Sometimes it is the little things in life that make the big things worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment